ADAKAH ANDA PERCAYA PENGELUAR MAKANAN DAN UBATAN YANG ANDA MAKAN ??
Big Food & Pharma: Keeping Us In the DarkSpring 2007 – Headlines announce the latest food poisoning scandal, prescription drug disaster, contaminated food import, legislative attack on consumers’ right-to-know, as well as multi-billion subsidies for corporate agribusiness and junk food. For those who thought corporate greed and government corruption had peaked, for those hoping that Corporate America’s long-standing war on consumer health and the environment was abating, the last six months have been mind-boggling:
- Forcing Irradiated, GE, and Cloned Foods on Consumers – Every poll for the past decade has shown that 80-90% of consumers want mandatory labels on GE (genetically engineered) food. Then why won’t Congress give us labels? Because they know that if GMOs (genetically modified organisms) are labeled, as they are in Europe, consumers will boycott them. In a similar vein, the FDA has recently proposed new laws that will allow manufacturers to sell controversial and likely hazardous irradiated and cloned foods without labeling them, or in the case of irradiated foods, allowing companies to mislabel nuked foods as “pasteurized.” Consumers are justifiably wary of foods bombarded with nuclear waste or powerful x-rays or gamma rays, since irradiation destroys essential vitamins and nutrients, creates unique radiolytic chemical compounds never before consumed by humans, and generates carcinogenic by-products such as formaldehyde and benzene. Consumers are also skittish about consuming meat, milk, or eggs from mutant animals that have been genetically engineered or cloned.
- Forcing Unsafe Pharmaceutical Drugs on the Public – Deadly side effects from heavily advertised (and super-expensive) prescription drugs are now the fourth leading cause of death in the US, injuring two million and killing over 100,000 people every year. No wonder millions of Americans are turning to alternative medicine and holistic practitioners to safeguard their health. If the nation’s 75 million organic and alternative health consumers come together as a political force, elected public officials will take heed. For your own self-defense, Organic Consumers Association (OCA) urges you to take food and health matters into your own hands. Educate yourself. Reexamine your lifestyle. Research the alternatives. And then vote with your pocketbook and your political voice for organic food, holistic health, and a sustainable environment.”
- Blocking Country of Origin Labels for Food – Concerns over long distance food transportation and global warming, compounded by recent food poisoning scandals linked to contaminated pet, poultry, and pig food ingredients from China, have taken away many Americans’ appetites for cheap imported foods. Shocked that the FDA is inspecting less than 1% of all imported food shipments, health-minded consumers are demanding that Congress implement mandatory Country of Origin Labels (COOL) on food. Facing polls showing that 80% of Americans want to know where their food is coming from, Congress incorporated COOL into the 2002 Farm Bill, supposedly to go into effect in September 2004. Unfortunately, corporate agribusiness, Wal-Mart, and the supermarket chains bribed an ethically impaired Congress with millions in campaign contributions to block implementation of COOL labels. As a result, Americans are buying billions of dollars of imported, uninspected foods every year, in most cases without even knowing it. (The FDA: who do they really protect? )
- Allowing Filth and Chemical Poisons In Industrial Food – Whether we’re talking about deadly e-coli in hamburgers or spinach, imported pet food that kills pets, or the feds admitting that 78 million annual cases of food poisoning and 200,000 hospitalizations in the US are “normal,” it’s clear that our Fast Food Nation needs help. Don’t hold your breath for the House and Senate agriculture committees or the current crop of Washington bureaucrats to deal with our nation’s food safety and public health crisis. Their “solutions” are mainly to keep us in the dark about what’s in our food, how it was produced, and where it came from, and to keep doling out billions of taxpayer‘s dollars to the USDA every year to maintain business as usual. Meanwhile, Congress and their minions at the FDA work overtime to make sure that the super-profits of the big pharmaceutical, insurance, and hospital corporations stay at record levels, while Americans break the Guinness Book of Records for poor health and skyrocketing medical costs.
- Learn more from theOrganic Consumers Association
“The huge transnational companies that produce toxic chemicals found in pesticides, herbicides and industrial and household products profit not only from the sale of these products, but also from the symptoms and chronic illnesses that they can trigger. The vast majority of chemicals found in pesticides and other products, undergo little or no testing for chronic, low level exposures and for chronic health effects. The same chemical companies that produce toxic chemicals also produce prescription drugs, veterinary medicines, a wide array of medical products and imaging technologies, hold cancer treatment and medical device patents, and a produce a staggering assortment of over-the-counter palliatives. Families with toxin induced illnesses often spend large sums for drugs and medical treatment. This circle of profit is not conspiracy theory, but an easily provable fact.” Ashley Simmons Hotz – To read the entire story visit RedFlagsWeekly You’ll find a lists chem/pharm websites for the largest companies in the world. There you can see quickly and clearly that these companies profit from all sides of the picture.
hubungi saya kalau berminat mengetahui lebih lanjut0163581794/0163153132 melaka.
No comments yet.
- 4life done it .
- body losyen
- buah pinggang
- darah tinggi
- imun sisitem
- kulit sensitif
- produk kulit
- produk penjagaan kulit
- sakit kulit
- tranfer factor